Best D-SLR under a grand

bitteraspects said:
astually sweetheart, im a long time SONY "fanboy", and notice, even i didnt suggest the alpha. the XTi it by far rge better choice. while the alpha does have some interesting features, and does fall under the "under $1000" category, in the end, the facts remain. thanks to the mount on the alpha, it will have the same problems that your POS d50 will in the longrun. too many analog functions left externally, will lead to the malfunction or wear of tiny parts. . and canon isnt the TOP name in slr's for no reason. not to mention canon glass is proven to be te best. maybe down the road, zeiss wil develop some quality glass for the alpha, but currently, there is nothing on the market that can be compared to canon's L glass. its in the books. but i dont expect you read much.

:hugs:

have a nice day
I think rmh summed up the value of your posts quite thoroughly. Anyone who would call the D50 a "POS" clearly is a few leagues away from reality. And for God's sake, take an English class.

bitteraspects said:
astually sweetheart, im a long time SONY "fanboy", and notice, even i didnt suggest the alpha. the XTi it by far rge better choice. while the alpha does have some interesting features, and does fall under the "under $1000" category, in the end, the facts remain. thanks to the mount on the alpha, it will have the same problems that your POS d50 will in the longrun. too many analog functions left externally, will lead to the malfunction or wear of tiny parts. . and canon isnt the TOP name in slr's for no reason. not to mention canon glass is proven to be te best. maybe down the road, zeiss wil develop some quality glass for the alpha, but currently, there is nothing on the market that can be compared to canon's L glass. its in the books. but i dont expect you read much.

have a nice day
...umm...no. :spank:

bitteraspects said:

have a nice day

yeah dude, that was a little over the top. I'm a 'canon shooter' but I'm not totally 'canon is the only way!'. I know i could be very happy with a d200 or a d2x and some nice nikkor glass (which in many cases equals canon's L's, sometimes surpassing in optical quality). I'll agree that the XTi is better than any other entry-level camera, but I won't say that there is nothing that can be compared to L glass...especially if you open up to MF lenses...try a carl-zeiss 21mm distagon or a leica 50mm or some other 'exotic' lenses.

I used to think nikon shooters were more 'hardcore' about their brand attachment...but things like this make canon shooters in general look bad. Just think about what you're saying before you say it :)

again. i have always been a long time sony supporter. not canon, but the facts are clear. the quality that goes into producing the canon products, speaks for itself. and so does its following. nikon comes in a close second, as the two have pretty much dominated the market, but statisticly, canon has captured the majority.
as for the nikkor glass being comperable to L glass. i somehow doubt it. the old carl zeiss lenses are definately the top quality, but the new "carl zeiss" glass, isnt the same product. it just has the name slapped on it, its by no means the same quality as the old glass from the mid 80's.

but at thhe end of the day, none of this has anything to do with this thread.

thebeginning said:
I'll agree that the XTi is better than any other entry-level camera

nuf said

bitteraspects said:
it will have the same problems that your POS d50 will in the longrun. too many analog functions left externally, will lead to the malfunction or wear of tiny parts
That certainl explains why I have 4 Nikon F's built between 1959 and 1965, a Nikon F2, a Nikon F3, a Nikon FM, and a Nikon F4s in addition to my POS D50 and none of them have ever malfunctioned and every function still works flawlessly on all of them.

I had often wondered why? Thanks so much for your unbiased and helpful insight which you thoughtfully took the time to back up with nothing.

Have a nice day.

LWW

Why don't you go to a store, perhaps one that has some used stuff and compare them side by side. Hold a few and see which one feels best to you. See which ones have understandable menus and buttons that are in places that actually make sense.

jwkwd said:
Why don't you go to a store, perhaps one that has some used stuff and compare them side by side. Hold a few and see which one feels best to you. See which ones have understandable menus and buttons that are in places that actually make sense.
Amen!!!

As long as you stick with either Nikon or Canon you can't go wrong they both have good and bad points but you can depend on them for consistency and that cameras are not just a sideline that they jumped into when digital got popular. The way to make your ultimate decision is holding the camera and seeing wich one feels the best to you.

The image quality between Canon and Nikon is so slight that the difference will never make or break a photo. If you like a small SLR, than by all means, look at the Rebel, or a Pentax. If you're like me and have gigantic hands, than look at the D70s. That's the only reason I shoot Nikon, becuase in my price range, Nikon had physicly bigger bodies, under $1000 taht fit more comfortably, and with the money i had saved I was able to get great lenses, instead of cheaper 3rd party ones.

Most reactions

Back