BEST DO ALL CAMERA

Rockford

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Many buy two cameras to achive the goal to be able to do all, Whats your thoughts as to:

The best all round do all camera, what would you pick and why?

Canon
1dmIII action but can do portrait & landscape fairly well
1dsmIII Does all well
5DmII portrait & landscape

Nikon
D700 does all well
D700s does all well

I thought all cameras can do it all? just some better then others. Just get what you like the most.

Isn't lens the main factor?

Many buy two cameras to achive the goal to be able to do all, Whats your thoughts as to:

The best all round do all camera, what would you pick and why?

Canon
1dmIII action but can do portrait & landscape fairly well
1dsmIII Does all well
5DmII portrait & landscape

Nikon
D700 does all well
D700s does all well
It doesn't exist, never has, and likely won't for some time to come.

There is no Nikon D700s and you left out the 1D MKIV.

Many have 2 cameras so they have a backup camera. In fact, of all the photogaphers I know, none have a second camera so they can do it all just a backup and usually it's just an older camera they didn't sell when they upgraded to whatever they could afford. The kind of guy's want to do it all usually have 5 or 6 camera's.

Don't forget about both medium and large format cameras, you've only listed 135 format cameras.

Last edited:
No matter what camera you use, any actual photograph, as well as the craft of photography, is less than 5% the camera, and 95% + the person using that camera.

My cameras are dumb, when I tell them to do something, they just lie there and wait for me to see, aim, compose, make the settings and adjustments, and then take the shot. Then, after all that, they can't even tell if it is a good shot or not.

They don't do anything by themselves, much less do it all.

I know what you mean, and we are responding to your choice of words, but photography comes from between ones ears, with the camera merely being a tool.

hmmmmm my 50yo speed graphic does it all really well. i like that i can just use a normal lens and crop for my telephotos, due to the massive resolution of 4x5. ironicly the only knock on the camera is speed.;)

D700 because I already have a DX. For most everything the full frame will be your choice but for birds or other wildlife a crop body helps in that you get the tele-converter free of charge. No dollars, no loss of light, no extra time to focus due to the lessening of the light and if you need that extra reach you can still use a tele-converter on your long lens.

Most reactions

Back