Best HDR software

EchoingWhisper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What is the best HDR software for me?

I like natural looking HDRs and I will make HDRs only when the camera isn't capable for capturing the entire scene. I have Googled it but I really can't decide. Oh, and I hate halos.

Photomatix seems to be the leader at this time, however, there are a lot of programs out there. Each has it's own strengths and failings.

I am getting ready to test Olono as it comes highly recommend by some folks I respect.

You might download a few programs, they all have trial periods, which will give the chance to see what fits your needs.

Halos can be found in all programs if not used properly.

I've used HDR Merge in Paintshop Photo Pro and Photo Matix both with successful results. If I don't quite get the result I'm looking for in one I try the other. Don't forget that Photo Matix just does HDR merging. You will need another piece of software to do any further editing on the image.

My personal favorite is Dynamic Photo by mediachance. I prefer it over photomatix

Have been testing Photoengine from Oleno and it is very good.

The reality is , each program will give one a different look, that is why I think it is a good thing to test drive several and see which one "floats your boat".

I tend to use Photomatrix most often but others as well.

Have been testing Photoengine from Oleno and it is very good.

The reality is , each program will give one a different look, that is why I think it is a good thing to test drive several and see which one "floats your boat".

I tend to use Photomatrix most often but others as well.

I see. I'll check it out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back