Best low cost EF telephoto lens for my 50D?

Treymac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joejohnsonphotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. I`m taking a trip to Peru in April so I`m starting to get my gear ready now. I`ve been without a telephoto lens for awhile since my Canon 75-300 broke. But I don`t know which lens to go with. I`m kind of broke so I need to go the low cost option, but I don`t know which one is best. I was hearing good things about the Tamron 75-300 until I went to B&H`s site and read some reviews.

So what are your guys`s opinions on low costs Canon lenses?

Thanks.

I suppose it all depends on your Budget.and try looking at Second hand lenses aswell,you might get a used lens thats better,in the same budget as a new lens,that performs lower.

It's not as far as you would like, but the 70-210 f4 EF Canon model is astounding, it's a discontinued model you can find them on ebay for less than the price of a new 75-300.

Also, any of the old school 70-300 f4.0 5.6 Tamron / Quantaray / Promaster Macro 1:2 lenses have REALLY awesome optics, I have one for my Minolta Maxxum 4. They can be had for even cheaper and use low-dispersion glass. You really can't get too much better without stepping up to an L lens. :thumbup:

i have an old canon 70-300mm 4-5.6. it's a good cheap lens, i paid $175 new. but, if you can squeeze for one with IS i say go for it. at 300mm without some sort of assist that thing is shaky and really takes some work to hold steady. but all in all a good lens.
here are a couple of pics i took recently with this lens. i was probably 15' from the duck, and 40 feet from the flamingo.
_MG_6558.jpg

_MG_6555.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back