best lowlight lense

I can tell you for sure 2.8 will not be fast enough. I clearly remember my first shots with my 70-200mm F2.8L IS lens. While I love that lens, I was disappointed with my first attempts at low light photography. Think Wedding reception in a dark room with minor dance floor lighting. The difference between F2.8 and F1.4 on my Canon 50mm is very eye opening. If you are shooting in low light, go get a nifty fifty for F1.8 at the least. For the price, that lens should be in most bags.

I highly doubt that f2.8 is going to be fast enough. I wouldn't want to shoot a band with less than f1.8 personally. F2.8 is barely even wide enough for me in my living room at night with ISO1600.

Well, the nice thing about bands is that they are kind enough to provide you with some light most of the time.

Pics taken with a D200 and 70-200 F/2.8 lens:

2754973334_046c127218.jpg

2763840732_0060a11418.jpg

Now, even in a small bar where lights are lower, they usually have some lighting on the band... if you think your way around it, a good F/2.8 lens should do you ok. It really depends on the situation, so either a 2.8 or 1.8 lens can be a good choice.

1800 isnt cheap to you lol
Isn't it true though? I see people on here that have nothing but L series lenses from Canon. Those lenses are thousands of $$ and they have like 6-7 of them!

While I resemble that remark, I also don't find 1800 as cheap.

What I do have is a PHD in peanut butter and jelly. I could do a Thesis on the intrinsic differences including the social and economic ramifications in the way and size nuts are chopped in Jif vs Skippy chunky peanut butter or on the varying viscol and adhesive properties of Jam, Jelly and Preserves and it's relationship to the bread and peanut butter in real world application.
:mrgreen:

ROFL! Now that is dedication... to eat nothing but PB & jelly sandwiches for 6 months to get THE lens that you want. :lmao:

I am not that bad, but I do save a good amount of time to get *just* what I want. It's #1 or I go without!

thats kind of the way i feel. i know the d90 isnt the best camera out there but i maxed out 3 credit cards to get it lol. glad i did. i also basicaly commited fruad at best buy to get my flash by photo shoping an ad so the price for a sb-600 looked like 150.00. needless to say i got it for that price. plus i had 60.00 in reward zone bucks haha. ill take a sb-600 for 90.00 anyday. im still thinkling how to get my lense though :)

Last edited:
i know the d90 isnt the best camera out there but i maxed out 3 credit cards to get it.

i also commited fruad at best buy to get my flash by photo shoping an ad so the price for a sb-600 looked like 150.00. needless to say i got it for that price. plus i had 60.00 in reward zone bucks haha. ill take a sb-600 for 90.00 anyday. im still thinkling how to get my lense though :)

First, it is spelled LENS not LENSE!

Second, admitting on a public forum that you committed fraud is a sign of stupidity on your part, doing it PROVED you were an idiot.

Someone needs to take you across their knee and teach you basic rules of decency as a child... which by the way you type, you very well still may be... you sure act like it.

I work hard for every piece of equipment I own and am proud that I have high standards of myself in all things I do, and yeah, I often go without to get what I want. There is a HUGE difference between working for something and basically breaking the law to get it.

People like you I have no interest in conversing with or even reading posts from.

Welcome to my ignore list. :mrgreen:

i also commited fruad at best buy to get my flash by photo shoping an ad so the price for a sb-600 looked like 150.00. needless to say i got it for that price. plus i had 60.00 in reward zone bucks haha. ill take a sb-600 for 90.00 anyday. im still thinkling how to get my lense though :)
If I had a brick in my hand and you were within throwing distance.... you'd have another brick in your head! :grumpy:

Plus, at under f/ 2.8 you need to be real familiar with DOF depth and how it's affected by lens to focal point distance.

Br sure and play with one of the online DOF calculators.

How's that go about lenses...?

Clear
Fast
Cheap

Pick any 2.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back