Best memory card for 80D?

SuzukiGS750EZ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. I currently use a 16gb lexar 1000x sdhc professional card that writes 150mbps. I was wondering if there were faster cards or better cards for the camera? I like to keep a few on hand in my bag and since this one was thrown into the deal it's the only one I have. Looking to upgrade to a 32 or 64 gb card but don't know what brand/ speed to look for.

A few words of advice on cards: Lower-capacity cards are probably a safer bet than higher-capacity -- if you lose a card after shooting, you lose a lot less. Having lost cards a couple of times, I now don't use anything larger than 8gb card. Yes, it means having to change more often, but I'd rather that than lose images.

weepete has great advice.
On card brands, I tend to stick with better name brands just for reliability.
Size......guess it depends on how you manage your cards. Can't say I've lost one yet so I run dual 64's so I don't have to change cards every half an hour.

weepete has great advice.
On card brands, I tend to stick with better name brands just for reliability.
Size......guess it depends on how you manage your cards. Can't say I've lost one yet so I run dual 64's so I don't have to change cards every half an hour.
You would fill up a 64gb?! I dealt with 2gb cf before I got my 16gb sdhc. Wow. I will look into that link, thank you.

If the camera reads 80, would it be a waste to buy a card that reads 300mbps and writes 260mbps? Should I just get a write of 95 (says reads 81.5 on the website link above). Is the 260 not able to be utilized?

If the camera reads 80, would it be a waste to buy a card that reads 300mbps and writes 260mbps? Should I just get a write of 95 (says reads 81.5 on the website link above). Is the 260 not able to be utilized?

Well, you might as well spend the extra couple of bucks for the faster transfer speed to your PC/Mac.

Last edited:
I don't need the capacity but sometimes shoot bursts plus I like maxing things out just in case

I get a burst of 20 shots with the current card, curious to see if the new one can do better. Plus it's twice the capacity, not that I needed more room

There isn't ANYTHING on the internet about this new 300mb/s read - 260mb/s write card. I wonder when it came out... i guess i'll have to see if there's a difference myself. If anything at least i have faster transfer speeds and twice the capacity of the card i got free with the camera. If the card is faster, does the image preview pop up faster on the camera vs a slower card?

OK. So I got the card today. Feels more robust than my lexar. In burst raw I got with the lexar 18 photos. 29 jpeg. With the sandisk I got 19 raw and 42 jpeg. Big difference in jpeg. Same subjects, settings, light, etc. I noticed a huge difference in upload speed as well as how quickly the camera cleared it's buffer. It wasn't light speed but it was noticeable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back