Best method for showing pics on forum

GimmeAnother1

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Curious if there are standards as how how people are getting the pics onto the forum. Examples

1. Upload from pc directly to forum website

2. Use 3rd party image site and link to pic (I see a lot of flickr links in posts here it seems)

3. Can I use mobile to upload decent quality pics? I tend to take my dlsr pics and load them to my mobile device. Would those versions be good enough to load here? I use tapatalk for mobile also FYI.

4. Are there specific pic specs that work best to upload for this site?

Just trying to get an optimal experience for uploading pics here.

All my pics I post on forums are from Imgur hosting site. Everything I post is 8x10/12 at 72 res with an embedded watermark.

I must admit flickr is my go to, it's pretty easy to upload to and post though a bit of a pain if you wan't to do it all from your mobile.

You can upload images to your gallery on TPF, but I've not found the best solution yet.

I've found that if I want to upload a photo to the Forum it's easiest to just bring up Photoshop, make a lower res version of the shot and then just upload directly to the Forum. I keep very few photos on the cloud.

I've found that if I want to upload a photo to the Forum it's easiest to just bring up Photoshop, make a lower res version of the shot and then just upload directly to the Forum. I keep very few photos on the cloud.

Are you uploading from pc or mobile though?

I process most of my images in LightRoom, going to PhotoShop from LR when needed. The export function in LR has settings to make jpgs specifically for electronic displays including color space, sharpening, resolution, and resizing. I resize to 1200 x 800 for posting on TPF and download directly.

After post processing, I usually save the image then make a reduced (less than 1 meg.) copy in Paint.

Then I upload the reduced copy to the board with the "upload a file" option. This is all done on my laptop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back