What's new

best monitor for color management - product and food photography

jbench

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 27, 2011
Messages
23
Reaction score
4
Location
cleveland ohio
My LaCie monitor finally stopped working well so I am on the market for a new monitor. I sorta have it narrowed down to an NEC monitor. I understand the PA Series is a really great option. I was also looking at the P221W which is a bit cheaper.

Can anyone clarify for me how different the color accuracy is between the two. And. within the PA Series, is there a difference, other than size, between the PA231 adn 241

I typically shoot food and product which go to full color printing - and sometimes to the web.

thanks
 
Unfortunately the P221W is a S-PVA type display, not the more favored IPS type display.

For the money, you would do better with a Dell, Ultra Sharp, IPS display.
 
I'm a big fan of Eizo. I've used the same 3 Eizo's at work for the past 5 years and they are wonderful.
 
For colour management you're after two important features. The display should have an IPS panel in it and it should feature a colour LookUp Table that can be written by your profiling software. Most of the NEC Multisync range feature both, but there are the odd poor performers.

As for Eizo? Much of a muchness. The quality differences between monitors of this caliber are slight.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom