Best Settings for my Camera

I have a question to add. i'm wondering about some settings too when bracketing.

I usually have high Iso Noise reduction and Active D-Lighting set to low. Do these setting have any effect when shooting RAW? And if they do what do you usually set these at when bracketing expousres?

Depends on the shutter speed, and the scene you're shooting. If you shoot at reasonably fast shutter speeds, NR won't come into play. And ADL is only used when the firmware detects blown-out highlights.

Thanks, do you know if they still come into play when shooting RAW?

I don't think so, although the settings are recorded in the exif data and can be applied in Capture NX2.

I have a question to add. i'm wondering about some settings too when bracketing.

I usually have high Iso Noise reduction and Active D-Lighting set to low. Do these setting have any effect when shooting RAW? And if they do what do you usually set these at when bracketing expousres?

Depends on the shutter speed, and the scene you're shooting. If you shoot at reasonably fast shutter speeds, NR won't come into play. And ADL is only used when the firmware detects blown-out highlights.

The NR and D-Lighting only show up on the JPEG embedded in the Raw file.

Raw is Raw.

The NR and D-Lighting only show up on the JPEG embedded in the Raw file.

Raw is Raw.

Thanks, that is what I thought but just wasn't sure about those two settings.

Most reactions

Back