Best surface for water droplets?

droidz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, im trying to do some macro stills of water droplets (high speed isn't for me as of yet xD)

but whenever i get a water droplet on to a surface, they dont cohere really well; they spread out and form a sort of flattened surface. i've seen some photos and those people seem to get the water droplets as a perfect orb on the sitting surface. so is it because my droplet is too big, or is there a good surface for water to sit on and not spread out?

thanks! :D

example of a water droplet of mine:
16615947781078313055665.jpg

Last edited:
nevermind got it. just increase the surface tension of the water itself abit :p

(Hey, why you presented this as a failed attempt? rather you could have mentioned this as a special try of yours :lol: . I liked it very much )

(Regards :D )

How about a drop of glycerine on a dvd?

oooo that could work well. ima try it today :D

(Hey, why you presented this as a failed attempt? rather you could have mentioned this as a special try of yours :lol: . I liked it very much )

(Regards :D )

haha i kinda like how the the image turned out too, but in the sense of a water droplet, its more like a water bed xD

Always look at the positive side of things

what do you mean? im just trying to improve lol.

on another note, here's a try with some feathers and salted water. much better, no?

pc2845112.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful shot; did you change its original color?

Regards :D

no it came out blue cuz i fired the flash against a white piece of paper in the background. didn't use the flash white balance, but turned out i liked the color so i kept it :p

try a drop of water on wax. In principle, you want something that is highly hydrophobic, and the most common hydrophobic substance that I can think of is wax. Or you can rub a thin layer of wax on whatever you want and it will have the same effect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back