best tripod & ballhead

R

rocky13rose

I am looking for a tripod and ballhead for my 650mm-1300mm lens. I found a Benro C-458n6 Carbon Fiber Tripod and a Benro B3 Double Action Ballhead. I was wondering if these would be good for my lens or if anyone has any other suggestions? Thanks

Ummmm. I'm not sure I would put a lens that size on a ballhead.

I am looking for a tripod and ballhead for my 650mm-1300mm lens. I found a Benro C-458n6 Carbon Fiber Tripod and a Benro B3 Double Action Ballhead. I was wondering if these would be good for my lens or if anyone has any other suggestions? Thanks
I don't know if you've gotten that lens yet, but the only lenses I know of in that size are pure crap. Just a head's up on that because you're likely going to spend more money than you'd like just getting it stabilized for a decent shot, and then you're going to find that you don't use it for long anyway when you discover that it's not going to do what you'd like it to do.

That said, a ball head isn't going to work for you at all with that lens, and is going to be a pain in the neck for you the whole time you try. What you need for anything of that caliber is a Gimbal style head. Good gimbal heads are expensive, but you can probably get away with mounting something like this on a tripod to give you the stability and verstatility you need to work a lens like that: Amazon.com: Manfrotto 393 Heavy Telephoto Lens Support for Monopod - Replaces 3421: Camera & Photo

Good luck.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
for something that size, get a Gimbal head :)

I don't know if you've gotten that lens yet, but the only lenses I know of in that size are pure crap. Just a head's up on that because you're likely going to spend more money than you'd like just getting it stabilized for a decent shot, and then you're going to find that you don't use it for long anyway when you discover that it's not going to do what you'd like it to do.

My thoughts exactly. If you are going to spend a fair amount of money on a tripod, don't spend it for this lens only, or get it for this lens only. Think about what you want in a tripod for other purposes.

Most reactions

Back