Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What is the best TV drama ever?

None of the above

Oz and Rome were probably my top twos...followed closely by Dallas :thumbup:

Ever....ever is a long time, but I had to vote for The Sopranos as best ever TV drama. The Wire was also very good,while it lasted. Breaking Bad is good, but lacks a certain something. Mad Men is fun to watch, but is kind of,well, a collection of good actors saddled with predictable scripts. Lost? Are you kidding? Lost doesn't even belong on the long list of best dramas ever,let alone this short list. Several older TV dramas were better than Lost--Hill Street Blues, LA Law, etc.

Oh wait ever? Bah if Rome is in the running then its going to be ASOIAF (A Song of Ice and Fire) Once they get round to making the series :)

None of the above

Oz and Rome were probably my top twos...followed closely by Dallas :thumbup:

I've never seen Dallas, and never heard of Rome :\
But I just DL a few episodes of Oz and will be giving that a shot, see if I like it.

Ever....ever is a long time, but I had to vote for The Sopranos as best ever TV drama. The Wire was also very good,while it lasted. Breaking Bad is good, but lacks a certain something. Mad Men is fun to watch, but is kind of,well, a collection of good actors saddled with predictable scripts. Lost? Are you kidding? Lost doesn't even belong on the long list of best dramas ever,let alone this short list. Several older TV dramas were better than Lost--Hill Street Blues, LA Law, etc.

:lol: I have never seen Lost, but people seem to like it so I put it up there.

Mad Men, I agree.. I have been watching it but just can't get into it. Its nice, but doesn't have any emotional interest for me the way Breaking Bad does.

As for Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue, St Elsewhere, and all the classic dramas - I think they all deserve much respect for being (I think) trendsetters in their own way. I reckon we could even go back to older shows, like the Man from Uncle and the Avengers.

I agree with you though, The Wire and The Sopranos are definitely way up there on the list.

Lol Dallas?? Pierre you and my husband just became insta-bff's. Im inclined to include Twin Peaks and my teenage daughter says Criminal Minds lol. Her favorite tv show lately ooh and I am in love with The Fringe. Not that it is the best by any means just my favorite at the moment.

Lol Dallas?? Pierre you and my husband just became insta-bff's. Im inclined to include Twin Peaks and my teenage daughter says Criminal Minds lol. Her favorite tv show lately ooh and I am in love with The Fringe. Not that it is the best by any means just my favorite at the moment.

I've heard good things about The Fringe. I haven't seen it yet, but I heard: First season was so-so, second season was great.

Im on season one atm, its intriguing so far. A couple of the characters are like wet dishrags to me but others make up for the lack of acting ability. :)

Fringe was a snore for the first 4-5 shows...then when they got going on their main story line, it rocked.

Although there are a few ****y shows in the second season, but overall, its pretty good.

Oz has alot of actors that ended up on Lost... Mr Eko, Michael... both are Oz guys

Most reactions

New Topics

Back