Best Wide lens for shooting a Car? (T1i )

KillnDemSoftly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, PF im new to this forum and to this hobby but i really admire peoples pictures an always wanted to do it myself so for a early christmas gift i got a Canon T1i.

My sis said she would buy me a lens so i was just wondering what would be the best wide lens for this camera for shooting a car?

and any other good lens for taking pictures of people/ an cars/ would be great thanks in advance for the help!

Have a look at the Canon EF-S 10-22mm or the Sigma 10-20mm.

I doubt his sister wants to spend 700 dollars on a lens! That's pretty expensive for Christmas haha, the camera is only a little more than that. Is there any good budget wide angles?

What about the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8?

Yea sry forgot about that she isnt trying to spend that much lol, anyone know the cheapest an most decent one?

If I recall correctly, the Sigma is around $500. I don't think you will find anything like these lenses for much less than that.

If you haven't heard...Photography is an expensive hobby :lol:

You probably have the 18-55mm lens? You can certainly shoot cars & people with that.

Go with a Bower Fish Eye for 250. It's a fisheye, but it's the cheapest 'lense' you'll be able to get that's wide.

You can get the Sigma 10-20 for 430 right now on abesofmaine.com

Thanks i am well aware of the expense... My car hobby is way more expensive.. I have a 50mm f/1.8 Lens, i think i might get the fish eye lens i dont like to ask for expensive gifts that one is cheaper

The Sigma 10-20 can be had used for around 350-400 I paid 355 for mine.
Another good lens is the Tokina 12-24. Very Solid lens.
Either one of those can be had for a reasonable price I would look into the 12-24 first.
Good luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back