bet you cant do this

asherexplore

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...climb these routes that is..

oh yes oh yes.. i don't even wan to say that I'm new, or say the other new things like "please let me know what you think of these". ..but I guess i do want to know what your eyes see in these pictures.. you see, my eyes are bloodshot-i've been stareing at photoshop for way too long now.

I've been shooting climbing for awhile, but i cant do it anymore right now.
sooo I've been working on my PS skills instead-as well as walking the thin line that separates forum junkies from the rest. i respect a lot of what i have seen here. i think im hooked.. dammit.
someone tell me these suck please!

(1)
brad.jpg

(2)
kelly.jpg

One of these I've edited about 9 times over several days.
The other was done in one shot in about 30 mins.

I really like the second one alot. I definatly can't any of those routes. Nice stuff.
The first one is good too but try cropping or cloning out the blue bag.

Oh yea, welcome to the board :)

Dude.. these are cool shots man. They definitely don't suck, your already an above-average photographer from what I see.

Rock climbing is awesome, and it's a good, unique photography subject. Keep shootin.

brad2.jpg

Yes? better?

do you usually use a tool to "clone"?
i did this manually..

Dude.. these are cool shots man. They definitely don't suck, your already an above-average photographer from what I see.

Rock climbing is awesome, and it's a good, unique photography subject. Keep shootin.

danks man.
I dont think they suck.
I just dont have a good feel for what is good and what is better.
im not comfortable in choosing between styles.
im sure i will find this.

I'm hoping that i will get some picky responses to these two.
i know i can do better. i just cant decide what better is yet.

i look at some great shots here and elsewhere.. i know when i see what i like. but for the life of me i cant describe what i like before i see it.. does that make any sense?

also im oogleing some new hardware.. these are shot with a d40 and the kit lens :/
i wont use equipment as a crutch.. i've seen sweet things done with minimal equipment.-.yet i cant help but think at least a pro lens will make me happier!

danks man.
I dont think they suck.
I just dont have a good feel for what is good and what is better.
im not comfortable in choosing between styles.
im sure i will find this.

I'm hoping that i will get some picky responses to these two.
i know i can do better. i just cant decide what better is yet.

i look at some great shots here and elsewhere.. i know when i see what i like. but for the life of me i cant describe what i like before i see it.. does that make any sense?

also im oogleing some new hardware.. these are shot with a d40 and the kit lens :/
i wont use equipment as a crutch.. i've seen sweet things done with minimal equipment.-.yet i cant help but think at least a pro lens will make me happier!

I'm pretty sure every photographer goes through that while photoshopping their pics. I just do it off of pure judgement, experience will help you get used to it I guess.

In photoshop the things I always adjust are:
-Levels
-Noise (usually)
-Sharpness (using unsharp mask or high pass with hard/vivid light blending mode)
-White balance/ temperature

I'm forgetting some for sure, but yeah I always tweak around with the stuff I just mentioned. Like I said, experience will probably help you with your judgements.

#1 - he's missing an arm? It's so distracting... sorry.
#2 - I like a lot

#1 - he's missing an arm? It's so distracting... sorry.
#2 - I like a lot

HA-lol thats awesome. i see it. If you are a climber you know exactly where it is and know why.. without any doubt.. its in his chalk bag.

HA-lol thats awesome. i see it. If you are a climber you know exactly where it is and know why.. without any doubt.. its in his chalk bag.
hehe... sorry i notice the stupidest details that no one else will.

I'm pretty sure every photographer goes through that while photoshopping their pics. I just do it off of pure judgement, experience will help you get used to it I guess.

In photoshop the things I always adjust are:
-Levels
-Noise (usually)
-Sharpness (using unsharp mask or high pass with hard/vivid light blending mode)
-White balance/ temperature

I'm forgetting some for sure, but yeah I always tweak around with the stuff I just mentioned. Like I said, experience will probably help you with your judgements.

can you say more about sharpness please??
i play with the rest but i've never touched sharpness.

can you say more about sharpness please??
i play with the rest but i've never touched sharpness.

Do you have photoshop?

If so, play around with the "Unsharp mask". It really has nothin to do with unsharpening or masking, but rather it gives you good contrast and neat looking images.

Just play around with it, put your radius on 5 (for example/ try others), than adjust the % until you have something that looks cool to you.

Here's a so-so example I found on google that kinda shows you what it can do:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/0/0b/Accutance_example.png

I really like number 2. Love the angle and the composition. Don't get me wrong i like one also, but number two is my favorite. I'm actually a rock climber myself, so i find myself respecting your photos a bit more than the average person. Number two really shows the intensity of the sport. You can really tell the amount of stress going into his fingers. I never get any shots when i climb unfortunately though cause i'm always either climbing or spotting. But great shots. Where were they climbing at in these pictures?

hehe... sorry i notice the stupidest details that no one else will.

no worries.
I'm trying to find better realization of what i dont realize... ?
it could never be bad to notice more in a photo...

now i just gotta work on PSing a new arm in there...in fact how about this?
brad3.jpg

Is that more satisfieing to your eyes? hA

Do you have photoshop?

If so, play around with the "Unsharp mask". It really has nothin to do with unsharpening or masking, but rather it gives you good contrast and neat looking images.

Just play around with it, put your radius on 5 (for example/ try others), than adjust the % until you have something that looks cool to you.

Here's a so-so example I found on google that kinda shows you what it can do:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/0/0b/Accutance_example.png

i have PS elements 5.0.. thanks i will mess with that some

Most reactions

New Topics

Back