What's new

Better photo quality?

nightflowre

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 7, 2008
Messages
91
Reaction score
33
Location
Hanoi, Vietnam
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
HI mates,

I'm just beginning to shoot portraits against the sunlight, in which I try to make the image totally dark, just to represent the action. Should there be anything you think this photo can look better, please let me know. Thanks. Here come the pic:

Late harvest

This demonstrates a Vietnamese woman who was harvesting her rice crop.

1 question: When I shoot my photos, recently on the photo there appear little dots (or dirts???). I have to use photoshop to erase them. Are these caused by dirt in the sensor or the lens? Thank you.
 
Could be on the sensor or lens. If the dots are in the same spot every time no matter the lens or if your lens isnt internally focused (meaning there is an outside focusing ring that turns depending on focus), then its the sensor. If they move on each spot and dont come off when you whipe the lens, its on the internal compartments of the lens. I think a faster shutter would have helped to black out the body more to give it a more silhouetted look that, in my opinion, would look better. Nice concept though. And picture.

Mark
 
....When I shoot my photos, recently on the photo there appear little dots (or dirts???). I have to use photoshop to erase them. Are these caused by dirt in the sensor or the lens? Thank you.

Dust spots on virtually any lens will not form spots on the image. They will be way too out of focus the actually form an image. In rare cases is is possible, but these are limited to certain complex optical systems at very short focal lengths and generally only when focused very close (fisheyes and extreme wide angle zooms focused under 1ft).

The spots you are seeing are most likely on the cutoff filter mounted in front of the sensor. This surface is just enough forward of the actual photosites in the sensor to produce slightly out of focus spots when dust settles on its surface. Generally, these spots become the most visible when shooting as small apertures (f/11, f/16, ...) and can blur to invisibility at wide apertures. The "cure" is to get a "sensor cleaning kit" and use it.
 
Actually I like it like it is, you could capture the woman and rice, then make it darker. But, I dislike harsh solid blacks in photos, so the softer black with slight details is pleasing to me.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom