fotokman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few dog portraits I did recently. C&C? please

DSC02783.jpg

DSC02786edit.jpg

Yeah I agree, i don't know what happened with the first one i shot it at f11 i think, so i would think it would be more in focus than it is. thanks mmcduffle1 for the feedback.

#1 Doesn't show up for me.
#2 is a really nice image, well exposed, nice composition, but the eyes; the catchlight in his right eye is perfect, but his left eye is right on the outer edge of the iris, giving the pupil a very dead look; almost like the eye is missing or something. For me, that little detail actually makes this otherwise really nice image somewhat unpleasant to look at.

first one either A: has a shallow depth of field, or B: wasnt focused properly. Im almost thinking both...seems the hair the dogs ear is what is in clear focus. Would have been a nice pic if better focus!

#2 is nice, but I believe there could still be a touch more dof...his nose is just starting to look the slightest bit blurry, Id like to see the whole dogs face in focus...but just a minor thing, I agree with the catchlight tirediron mentioned. kinda strange looking, Maybe try to photoshop it out?

#1 i agree with others that a bit more dop would be welcome

#2 i think having a reflector to soften the hard shadows on the rhs slightly would help

Thank you all for the comments. I will be getting a reflector soon, i hope lol.

Most reactions

Back