Big Birdie

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While on the search for birdies I found this big whirlybird. The technical name for them is helicopter and there is a big family of them but people in general just call them choppers. Don't believe me, "get to the chopper" and ask Arnold. :wink-6:

I tried using a slow shutter so the blades wouldn't be frozen still but I didn't quite nail the panning, the fuselage could've been a little sharper. Practice, practice ....... :chuncky:
11142447-studio-studio.jpg

Maybe a little more feather detail would have been nice.....

It's a good shot. I like the motion in the props.
Thanks, Jeff. I actually would've liked a little more but with a slower s.s. to achieve that while keeping the fuselage in focus is going to take some practice. (or luck) A camera that shoots 12 or more fps would be helpful. this 3 fps T6 just doesn't cut it for much of anything moving.

Thanks, Jeff. I actually would've liked a little more but with a slower s.s. to achieve that while keeping the fuselage in focus is going to take some practice. (or luck) A camera that shoots 12 or more fps would be helpful. this 3 fps T6 just doesn't cut it for much of anything moving.
That's why I bit the bullet and got the 90D. With the 2000D, I'd get three shots and then would have to wait 15 seconds for the images to be written to the SD card. Lots gets missed in those 15 seconds.

Most reactions

Back