What's new

Big Red ~Trash or Treasure C & C

LLD

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Messages
77
Reaction score
15
Location
Midwest
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken my 91 year old father-in-laws farm yard which was littered with old family memories. Was hard to capture one without all the 'junk' in the yard. I tried to get the landscape in the background to 'fit' the subject. Hit or Miss? Any input would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • $DSC_1385.webp
    $DSC_1385.webp
    475.4 KB · Views: 138
Putting last night behind us, Treasure.... love this shot. It might be just a tad on the flat side, but great shot over all
 
I agree with Rick it's a little flat. Also watch your horizon it's tilted a bit as well.
 
Not sure the horizon is really tilted, as the silo seems to be straight - the farm's on a bit of a slope, at least that's my impression.
This photo is certainly not a "miss" but - like others have said before me - it could do with a mild colour saturation boost or contrasts - this one might also work as a stark B&W (?)
 
Not sure the horizon is really tilted, as the silo seems to be straight - the farm's on a bit of a slope, at least that's my impression.
This photo is certainly not a "miss" but - like others have said before me - it could do with a mild colour saturation boost or contrasts - this one might also work as a stark B&W (?)

What about this one LaFoto? I never thought to change the color. My husband farmed the fields with this tractor at 9 years old. Its a sentimental photo for him. He wanted to bring that thing home!
 
How about this one? I straightened the horizon a bit and changed the color slightly.
 

Attachments

  • $DSC_1385.webp
    $DSC_1385.webp
    309.8 KB · Views: 115
Now the silo is falling over to the right... And no, now I'm not happy with the colours, the partial desaturation does not work with the reds of the farm buildings in the background, I think.
 
That landscape is hilly .. we are up on a hill and the farm to the right there is on a hill. Hard to get that right. My subject was the tractor. Black and white made it look like a bunch of junk :)
 
Sorry I guess I should have been more specific. When saying "watch the horizon" I ment in general and thought that would clue you in to the silo which looks to me to be slightly tilted in the original. But then again maybe I'm just a little tilted! :-P
 
I actually kind of like the crooked horizon/background: it adds to the feeling of ruin that I believe you want to communicate here (at least that's the feeling I get right away). Not sure about your focusing though...looks like you were trying to go hyperfocal to get both the tractor and the background, but since neither is in sharp focus your intent is no longer clear.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom