Biker Chick Wannabe

Tally Ho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A recent senior portrait done in my studio. Original on Kodak Portra 160NC film then my lab converted it to a digital image. I wish I had used a kicker on the right side of this image to lighten up her hair and add some detail to the black hat. Still, I like it.

Tally Ho

Overall the lighting is good, though I agree that some additional light on her hair and hat would have been helpful, the hat really blends into the background and gets lost. What bothers me here is the placement of the logo, it competes with her face a bit. I think I would havecropped to extend past her elbows as well, rather than cutting them off halfway.

Cool pic but I suck at portrats so all I'm gonna say is that for a biker chick the hat sucks. but hey must be because they look too rasta for me . ;)

I don't know why, but the background doesn't work. I can't really figure out why, maybe because it's all red and mixes with the shirt.

Cute girl, but besides the comment about extra light on the hair (and needs a bit more light up under the brim of the hat), the real thing that throws it off for me is the arms and hands. The lower arm is cut off and the skin tone of her hands, the right one in paticular (the one tucked under her arm) looks off from her arm and face. Hands can be hard to position right and most of the time are a detail that aren't considered, paticularly placement of fingers.

Not a critique, just an explanation of why the image doesn't jump out at me, although it wouldn't take much fixing to do that.

Mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back