MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
tried panning for the first time and boy can this girl ride
panning_1.jpg

panning2.jpg

Biker Girl? Not to mention Girly Bike! Check those pink rims and pin striping! LoL.

Nice capture. I can't really comment on this from a technical stand point as I have never attempted this before. I'm sure its more difficult than it seems!

Cheers!
- Daniel

Second one is better. Still a little off though. VERY good for a first try. What a hideous bike though. I like how just because a woman can stay on a bike and go in a straight line without wrecking, it illicits a response of "boy can this girl ride":lol:

Second one is better. Still a little off though. VERY good for a first try. What a hideous bike though. I like how just because a woman can stay on a bike and go in a straight line without wrecking, it illicits a response of "boy can this girl ride":lol:

Thanks. ya still need to hit the focus. funny she rides at least 350 miles a week so I know she can ride and everyone that see the bike in person loves it :D

Your shutter speed was at 1/30th for #1 and 1/60th for #2, both seem a little slow on shutter speed, I wouldve upped that some (maybe 1/125th to 1/200th) to insure she was clear. I believe there is still some motion blur there. Good attempt, keep working with it and posting.:thumbup:

Panning is hard to learn! Well worth learning and mastering the skill, but tricky to pick up for certain. One bit of advice I've had is to start the day as fast as you can and then slow down - trying faster shutter speeds increases the chances of getting a sharper shot and gives you time to ease into the panning - then you can push for slower speeds. Of course this approach is only ideal where you have repeat subjects going by (eg race course or airshow) - which are ideal places to practice

The other bit of advice is to shoot in bursts and just let the shutter fire away through the panning series as it increases your chances of a keeper shot (yes you get a lot of duds but more chance of that elusive keeper shot)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back