Bird Identification

Nice! I think Rgollar nailed it.

Thank you I really liked this picture and these birds are all over the place. I love this canon 400mm lens

Wax on Wax off

Assuming you just took this recently, based on your location and the time of year, plus the yellow tinge to its belly, I'd guess this is actually a Cedar Waxwing, not a Bohemian.
Bohemian Waxwings *tend* to be in your area in the winter, but much farther north in the summer. They also tend to be slightly grayer without the yellow on the belly. If you have any pictures showing the wings, it'd be easier to get a definitive ID.

Beautiful shot, btw. One of my favorite birds, they are the Royalty of the bird world, imo. Always so regal looking.

It's a good looking bird regardless.

So, I just checked two references and ..Big Surprise.. it looks like Sharon's correct.

So, I just checked two references and ..Big Surprise.. it looks like Sharon's correct.

:02.47-tranquillity:
An interesting side note (or perhaps NOT so interesting): Just about three years ago, I would have labeled this bird, along with pretty much every other bird, as PBDK (Pretty Bird, Don't Know).
Just a little encouragement--or fair warning--to those who may have just started: Obsessions can strike without warning, when you least expect it!!

Seriously, I'm amazed by the way my ID skills have improved in just a few years, from total novice, to...an extremely advanced novice. :lol:

Thank you sharon for the id of the bird. Yes i just took the picture sunday

Most reactions

New Topics

Back