What's new

Bird Kingdom - Niagara

KJ_North

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
2,211
Reaction score
2,559
Location
left the site
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to the Bird Sanctuary in Niagara Falls seeming I was there for a couple days, what a total waste of money. Anyways.... I played around with the shutter speed lowering it beyond really what I could effectively hold at times, but it was more just experimenting etc as I aimed to bring the ISO down as much as i could indoors. So not perfect focus etc as the birds would twitch at times but anyways got a few shots and had a bit of fun which was all that mattered really.
Bird Santuary1-s.webp
Bird Santuary4-s.webp
Bird Santuary5-s.webp
Bird Santuary7-s.webp
Bird Santuary2-s.webp
Bird Santuary3-s.webp
Bird Santuary6-s.webp
 
They all look very tasty 😋. Why a waste of money, what was bad about it?
$25 each to enter + $10 parking - to see about 12 birds in one room. Took all of 10 minutes basically. Oh and 2 tortoise's in a pen let's forget them LOL.
 
IN the winter time ( I used to go for christmas every year) it’s a great activivty where you get to do stuff in the warm. When I bought my Tammy 300,, 2.8, it was worth the trip just to try out the lens. It sounds like you might have ,missed a room. But in warm weather, I’d agree, you can probably find something more interesting to do.

I go in the early afternoon, with a fast lens and a tripod and stay unitl it closes.

It looks like you missed the small bird aviary, and the bat cave, you could have killed another 10 minutes…..:chuncky:
 
Last edited:
No room to miss now all are in one area. The host there said they have scaled it back unfortunately.
 
No room to miss now all are in one area. The host there said they have scaled it back unfortunately.
That’s sad. but, I’m sure they suffered as much during Covid as anyone.
 
I went to the Bird Sanctuary in Niagara Falls seeming I was there for a couple days, what a total waste of money. Anyways.... I played around with the shutter speed lowering it beyond really what I could effectively hold at times, but it was more just experimenting etc as I aimed to bring the ISO down as much as i could indoors. So not perfect focus etc as the birds would twitch at times but anyways got a few shots and had a bit of fun which was all that mattered really.
View attachment 287746View attachment 287747View attachment 287748View attachment 287749View attachment 287750View attachment 287751View attachment 287752
Great set! No apologies needed for these.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom