Bird pics (robin?)

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I THINK these are robins.

#1: I think he may be doing the camoflauge thing. Not sure.
CamoflaugeBird.jpg

#2: Same one, but you can see he has a damaged eye here :(
DamagedBird.jpg

#3: Another robin (???), feeling brave.
BirdCloseUp.jpg

c&c always appreciated :)

Very Nice! #1 is my fav but I like them all. Definately not a Robin, if youd like to let me know what state you're in I migt be able to come up with a name.
I like how they are composed a lot, job well done.:)

good work..i admire your pics..

Don't think it's a Robin or a Finch looks more like a Sparrow to me, judging by the colors and striations on the wing's feathers.

Not a robin maybe a finch but poss not even that....

photo28 said:
Very Nice! #1 is my fav but I like them all. Definately not a Robin, if youd like to let me know what state you're in I migt be able to come up with a name.
I like how they are composed a lot, job well done.

Thanks a bunch, Photo28 :)

jv17 said:
good work..i admire your pics..

Thank you very much :)

clarbin said:
They look like some sort of Finch.

AVPhoto said:
Don't think it's a Robin or a Finch looks more like a Sparrow to me, judging by the colors and striations on the wing's feathers.

STICKMAN said:
Not a robin maybe a finch but poss not even that....

I originally though robin because it looks quite a bit like a baby robin whose photo I had taken, but after these comments I did some looking and it seems (after a quick google) that it looks very much like a field sparrow ( http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Field_Sparrow_dtl.html ). It seems Finches have more red and bright colors than these guys.

Yeah, I think Field Sparrow is it. I was thinking Sparrow but I wasnt sure which one. The Sparrows around here have white feathers on their wing so that misled me.

photo28 said:
Yeah, I think Field Sparrow is it. I was thinking Sparrow but I wasnt sure which one. The Sparrows around here have white feathers on their wing so that misled me.

ok, I'll go with Field Sparrow until someone proves otherwise ;)

DeadEye said:
Wonderfull job. Sharp as a tack..

wow, thanks DeadEye!! :biggrin:

Most reactions

Back