Bird pictures

tester3000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you guys think. I know photos don't look realistic anymore due to my PS editing. Hope you guy like them. I'm pretty new to photography. These are taken with my Canon S5 IS.

img0215bn5.jpg

img0235da4.jpg

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, Tester3000!
The focus is where it needs to be, on the doves' eyes and feathers, so that is good. The chick will soon fly, won't it?
The first is better exposed, in the second there are a good many very blown parts from the background with the feathers being overexposed in parts, too, and too dark in others. But that's the limited dynamic range of a (compact) digital camera for you.
Yes, the PS work would need to be refined, but all in all ...

The 2nd pic has some parts underexposed because i didn't use a flash. The sun is creating shadows on the birds. I took that pic with a flash too but didn't like how it looked. Flash looked to unnatural. IMO shadows looked better. And yes, baby bird is almost ready to fly. A couple days after this pic, the whole family flew away. Theses bird were so cooperative. This whole time i was inches from them and they didn't budge. They just kept looking at me. LoL.

Here's a picture from a little different angle with no editing.
img0218un2.jpg

The third is the best! :D
You saved that for last, to surprise us all, eh? Well done! :clap:

Thanks LaFoto. I'm still a n00b to this photography business. LoL. I took at least 20 different pics to get only a few good ones. Well at 16 i still have time to perfect my skills. LoL.

Here's one taken from behind my window mesh. I got a really cool effect in the background trees.
img1059oo6.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back