What's new

First full frame

Fenlandplumber

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 15, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
whittesey
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys, new member here 😊

I’m upgrading my old Samsung nx30 to a full frame camera but as with everything I’m on a budget of around £1000. I’ll be using it mainly for landscape and wildlife as well for fishing so an articulated screen is a must for self takes. I’ve seen two that catch my eye a canon r8 and a Panasonic lumix s5. I’ve read the s5 is best for video but suffers autofocus issues which if only on video isn’t an issue as It would only be used for stills. And the canon has the better menu layout. Between the two which would you guys recommend or maybe something else.
 
everything I’m on a budget of around £1000
A mirrorless Canon R8 body used is going to zap most/all of your budget leaving nothing for lenses. One good lens can exceed your budget by itself. In photography, cameras record the image, but the lens makes the image. Have you looked at the DSLR market?
 
Last edited:
I’ve today bought a r8 with little over 100 shot count with the 24-105 stm lens for little over £1000 so very happy about that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom