Birding at the lake

Great set Runnah! Love the Loons! I grew up going to our cottage in northern Ontario, we had loons there and they were my favourite, their lonely calls at night, watching them dive and waiting for them to surface often very far from where they dove, amazing birds, thanks for posting them and the memories they brought for me this morning :)

Great set Runnah! Love the Loons! I grew up going to our cottage in northern Ontario, we had loons there and they were my favourite, their lonely calls at night, watching them dive and waiting for them to surface often very far from where they dove, amazing birds, thanks for posting them and the memories they brought for me this morning :)

You're welcome!

We have an abundance of loons on the lake. They are very chill and let me get up nice and close with the boat. Now if only the eagles and ospreys would cooperate as nicely.

Ah very nice, I need to find a lake to stake out to find some Loons here... Or make our pond bigger... Or visit your lake Lol

As for the Ospreys and Eagles those two shots aren't too shabby! We never have enough reach so we have to make up for that with tenacity ;)

DAT EAGLE. SO MAJESTIC.

Ah very nice, I need to find a lake to stake out to find some Loons here... Or make our pond bigger... Or visit your lake Lol

As for the Ospreys and Eagles those two shots aren't too shabby! We never have enough reach so we have to make up for that with tenacity ;)

Hey you're welcome to stop down. I should offer tours as we have damn near every type of wildlife you can imagine.

Yeah they were 100ft up and I was at water level. maybe if I had a 400 or 500 I could have done better, but who can afford that.

Careful, we are hopefully road tripping some this summer, we might take you up on that ;). If you were a Canon shooter I'd even let you play with my 100-400!

All are very nice, but the lone Loon is outstanding.

We have an abundance of loons on the lake. They are very chill and let me get up nice and close with the boat. Now if only the eagles and ospreys would cooperate as nicely.

Just get a salmon costume. Make sure you bring a friend with another camera.

I like Demon Bird the best. Yup; need more length...Freakin story of my life!!!!! :angry1:

Thanks. Now I know why birders are always obessed with size.

Thanks. Now I know why birders are always obessed with size.

It's because they KNOW, they know exactly how far you can reach and they sit in that grey area juuuuust out of reach, where if the photo gods are smiling and everything clicks together you will get an "almost" shot that will just madden you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back