Birdography 8-22-15

JacaRanda

Hobbyist Birdographer
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A double few shots from the weekend. C&C always welcomed.

1) RSML-1103 by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

2) I feel like this is over sharpened - but it looks different on different devices.
Untitled by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

3) RSML-1075 by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

4) RSML-1057 by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

5) RSML-1049 by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

6) Feel free to toss out memes from the fish.
Untitled by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr
Reference: Rancho Santa Margarita Lake 2015-08-22 08.13.32.jpg by jsteve5506, on Flickr

Last edited:
Gorgeous shots.

Thank you Barb. Sheesh, I had know idea that these looks so large on the computer. Medium bbc seems a bit much.

edit - okay now they seem okay, maybe it was just when the page was loading.

Great Set JR! I would say 3,5 & 6 for me. I don't think the GBH looks oversharpened, I checked it full size on flickr. Can you lower the highlights on the head any? They look a touch hot to me..

Very nice images - #1 is my favourite. I had a look at #2 and I don't think it seems to be over sharpened, at least not on my calibrated monitor.

I know what the first two birds are, but I am not sure what the third one is. It looks like a juvenile bittern or a juvy Black-crowned Night-Heron. Am I right on either of these as I always like to know what I am looking at? Thanks.

WesternGuy

Last edited:
Very nice images - #1 is my favourite. I had a look at #2 and I don't think it seems to be over sharpened. at least on my calibrated monitor.

I know what the first two birds are, but I am not sure what the third one is. It looks like a juvenile bittern or a juvy Black-crowned Night-Heron. Am I right on either of these as I always like to know what I am looking at? Thanks.

WesternGuy

Thank you Western. You are correct, Juvy BCNH's. I used to make a mistake and call them female - well I guess they could be female :) .

Great Set JR! I would say 3,5 & 6 for me. I don't think the GBH looks oversharpened, I checked it full size on flickr. Can you lower the highlights on the head any? They look a touch hot to me..

Thank you Kris. Let me give it a shot. I just adjusted the white balance on the Egret and wondered how soon it would reflect on what I already posted (so I deleted and reposted it instead).

Last edited:
I like #4 and 5, but that last one with the Starbucks on the lake? Sounds like relaxation to me! :smile:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back