Birds in the City - Empire strikes Back

Ink.

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there!

I have some troubles with classifying of this photo: for me it's rather city-landscape than pure architecture or pure landscape. I'm glad that on this forum there is a combined cathegory that suits for this photo.
What do You think about it? Please submite your feelings and suggestions for the future.

Here is my welcome post :)

Hi Ink,

This is a hard one to give any C&C on such is probably why you've not had any replies yet. I've seen your other posts and you have some really nice shot there that I really like so I'll give it a go though.

I think there are a lot of good things here, exposure looks spot on, the framing really works well and provides an enclosed feeling which contrasts nicely with the birds in the sky, the b&w conversion looks good and the buildings look really good with some nice lighting, there's also some tones in the overcast sky which is good to see.

Saying that I think that this is the weakest one you've posted up yet, as where I like it and I think the concept is strong I think you need a bigger flock of birds to make this really work.

Anyway, it's still a good photo mate and I may be well off but that's my tuppence.

weepete thank You for Your comment - I'm glad that You posted it!
Above photo is an example of me trying some different approach (I'm not talking about breaking rules but in such situations I'm trying to see thing differently/untypical).
I totally understand that it isn't best photo and it won't bring tons of followers. I also agree with You in area of birds number required to build more dramatic and adequate for the topic view.
Unfortunately it will be hard to improve this photo due to the fact that it is dependent from living objects and I can only hope that next time there will be more birds out there - but this is only a guess.

I am also happy that You understood the concept and moreover (!) You liked it (despite realization).

Thx again for Your attention and valuable critique.

Most reactions

Back