jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went out to the Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area today, not expecting much, but I managed to get a few shots.

1 Great Blue Heron posing
may28202201 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 Great Blue Heron hiding in a tree. Nictating membranes are covering the eyes. Must be napping.
may28202202 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3 Yellow-crowned Night Herron sitting on a stump
may28202203 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

4 Great Egret launching
may28202204 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

5 Great Egret admiring Pickerelweed
may28202205 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

6 On my way back, this YCNH was still in the same area, on a different stump.
may28202206 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

7 A couple of Cormorants hanging out in a dead tree.
may28202207 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Nice set! You have a nice variety there.

Nice set, Jeff. It may not have the detail the others have but #7 is my favorite with #2 being a close runner up.

Nice set! You have a nice variety there.
Thank you! Hoping to catch the Bald Eagles soon. They have a young one about ready to take flight according to the gate attendant.
A very nice set.....
Thank you!
Nice set, Jeff. It may not have the detail the others have but #7 is my favorite with #2 being a close runner up.
Thanks you! There were three, but one flew off when the Fire Departement Water Rescue unit showed up. Some brilliant individuals decided to go kayaking in inflatable kayaks on a section of the Trinity that has a lot of underwater hazards. Only two of four had flotation devices, so hopefully there were no fatalities. That section of river is fed by the sluice from the dam, so the currents are extremely strong. I'll post a pic of them.

You’re near as bad as Kirk with all the good subjects you have to shoot.

You have a nice selections of shots there. I’m partial to the egret launching with the turtle on the branch beneath him.

You’re near as bad as Kirk with all the good subjects you have to shoot.

You have a nice selections of shots there. I’m partial to the egret launching with the turtle on the branch beneath him.
Thank you! I think Florida probably has more options than here in North Texas. The Texas Gulf Coast probably has more options, but I do like what I have available.
Very nice series. Can't choose between them.
Thank you!

Beautiful shots of some beauties...you were lucky seeing all of these...

Most reactions

Back