Birds of prey *part II*

I know shooting raptors and especially owls is extremely difficult. Got a series of shots of this barred owl after hearing it at a state park
DSC_2535.jpg

Ive also gotten a golden eagle, red-tail rough-legged and northern harrier

Funny you definatly saved the best ones till last, really clean, and almost clinical, in a very good way, it shows of the beauty of these birds perfectly. What a treat.

tim

Fantastic shots once again! I especially like #7 & #8.

Okay, leave it to me to ask this stupid non photo question - its just who I am and I need to ask - please tell me the animal that the owl in photo #6 was feasting on was dead prior to its being given to the owl.....:(

I know shooting raptors and especially owls is extremely difficult. Got a series of shots of this barred owl after hearing it at a state park

Ive also gotten a golden eagle, red-tail rough-legged and northern harrier
Cool shot :)
Funny you definatly saved the best ones till last, really clean, and almost clinical, in a very good way, it shows of the beauty of these birds perfectly. What a treat.

tim
Thanks for the comment :)
Fantastic shots once again! I especially like #7 & #8.

Okay, leave it to me to ask this stupid non photo question - its just who I am and I need to ask - please tell me the animal that the owl in photo #6 was feasting on was dead prior to its being given to the owl.....
Thanks the reply :D And yes, that food item was allready dead. Those little chickens come from the freezer. They feed a couple of 100 of those each week at that place. Just imagine how many of those you would have to keep and how much room and food that would cost to keep. Way easier to stuff it all in a freezer (they are allready frozen when they arrive at the place :)
by the looks of it, likely a baby chiken
You are correct.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back