Birds of Prey

cindyg2024

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Our local park had a photo op sponsored by Scales and Tales. It was really neat to get so close to these birds. The Red Tail Hawk was my favorite. C&C is welcome and greatly appreciated!!!!

6.jpg

11.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

I wish someone in my area would do something like this, I'd love to be able to get some nice shots of raptors. I think overall you did an excellent job. A bit of fill flash might have helped bring more eye detail out in #6, but I would assume it also would have startled the bird which wouldn't have been a good idea. The only other thing I see is the strap on the hawks leg, perhaps that could be cloned out. Nice work. I like these a lot.

Thanks Dagwood. So far the only flash I have is what came on my camera. I am trying to save up some money to get a flash and also a wide angle lens. Thanks for the input. Oh, and no PP has been done to any of these pics.

cindyg2024, please tell me what lens and camera you used for these shots. Preferable I would want to know some exif data too.

Thanks Dagwood. So far the only flash I have is what came on my camera. I am trying to save up some money to get a flash and also a wide angle lens. Thanks for the input. Oh, and no PP has been done to any of these pics.

you CAN use the flash on the camera as fill flash. with a little editing work they would definitely look better, a little saturation and some levels tweak to bring out some of the details in the darker areas like the eye in the second one.

thanks for the input. I don't know much about PP so I will have to make copies so I can play around with them a little bit. I have CS2 but haven't really used it yet.

Ok - I played around a little bit. Is this any better?

Original:
11.jpg

Photoshop:
11-PP.jpg

I feel like the color of the hawk is almost dead on in the photoshop version, but the trees in the background are too bright and distorted. HELP!!!!!

Most reactions

Back