Birds

TLI

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some of my favorite things to take pictures of are birds. And here are a few of my favs. What does you think?
hawk3.jpg

hawk.jpg

cedarwaxwing2.jpg

RWB.jpg

bluebird.jpg

loonpair.jpg

You should spend some time looking at our wildlife section.
These images are not sharp enough and it's not clear where the problem is.

Are these shot with tripod or handheld?

none of these were done with a tripod, as the shot was a "moments notice" thing. The hawk, cedar waxing and blue bird were with a Nikon D50 and the others with a Fujifilm Finepix S5100.
The cedar waxwing was completely by accident, the focus was on a bird next to it, and I managed to catch that one as well. The hawk was something that caught my eye on the highway and had to get out and take pictures

Hiya Aaron :D
Welcome to ThePhotoForum.

I have moved this post to the Landscape and Nature Gallery. The Photo Critique section is reserved for more serious critique and therefore we like to keep it to one image at a time...(see FAQS), otherwise it just gets too confusing.

Feel free to post multiple images in other parts of the forum...or to re-post your images individually into the Photo Critique section, with a bit of an explanation of the shot and what you were trying to show.

Thank you.

thanks for the move, i realized i should have posted it here when i scrolled down the page 30 sec later

welcome to the forum

well 2,4 and number 6 look very sharp to me
problem with #1, and I get this a lot, is that the camera or yourself has overexposed the shot to get detail in the bird but it means the background has blown out. hence the blue fringes around the branches

#5 is a bit soft as it looks like it was a very dull day

but I still like them and #4 is just cute!

#2 is my fav, great shot
look forward to seeing more

lenses are the Tamron 70-300mm for 1,2,3 and 5 4 and 6 are with the built in lens for Fujifilm S5100

Lostprophet,
Thanks, 1 and 2 were actually adjusted in Photoshop to bring out some more detail

I like the pose in 3.
I would brighten it up a bit though to get some more details of the bird.

Dani

Most reactions

Back