I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For my birthday this year, my wife had one of my landscape photos printed on canvas and done up as a 'gallery wrap'. It finally came in today and I got it hung on the wall. It's 50 inches by 30 inches.

Canvas-01.jpg

The printed canvas wraps around the 2" thick frame.
Canvas-02.jpg

How did the printing quality come out?
It looks fantastic.
Of course, the resolution isn't great when you are standing one foot away, but when you stand back a bit (as you are meant to do with a large print) it looks just fine.

Nicely done! Quite thoughtful of your wifey =) I find myself encasing everything in glass myself but that's just preferences though!

I find myself encasing everything in glass myself but that's just preferences though!
I've got way too many photos behind cheap glass. I can't say that I know a lot about quality framing glass, but I do know that it surely makes a difference when you use the right glass for framing.

That looks great! Where did she have it done? And how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking?

That looks great! Where did she have it done? And how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking?
To be fair, it was her idea but I'm the one who prepared the file and actually made the order. We had it done at the local pro lab that I use for everything else...Technicare.
The printing on Canvas was close to $200 and the mounting etc was close to $300. CDN.

And this is exactly why you need lenses that are sharp on the edges
Actually, the edges aren't nearly as crisp as the corners, but that's what you get when you shoot at 10mm.

Looks good. Is that Moraine lake in Banff national park?
No, but it's not all that far away from there. This is a shot of the Spray Lakes. They are just outside of Banff National Park. I don't remember if this was in Spray Lakes Provincial park or Peter Lougheed Provincial Park...but it was one of the two.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back