bison, king fisher, red tailed hawk, screech owl..

Nice captures. Does flicker make adjustments because the hawk, owl and king fisher look real noisy on there.

Like the Kingfisher the best because I know just how tough it is to get a good shot of those twitchy buggers!

Nice captures. Does flicker make adjustments because the hawk, owl and king fisher look real noisy on there.

thanks. it is not supposed compress your photos or anything like that, the owl and king fisher were very heavily cropped, and the lighting was not that great on those days so those did get a bit noisy

the hawk does not look noisy to me, however i forgot to hold down the focus button when it flew out of the tree so its slightly out of focus on that shot and it was kind of a dark day, it was a bit under exposed, once it started flying i did not have time to change any settings.

thanks. it is not supposed compress your photos or anything like that, the owl and king fisher were very heavily cropped, and the lighting was not that great on those days so those did get a bit noisy

the hawk does not look noisy to me, however i forgot to hold down the focus button when it flew out of the tree so its slightly out of focus on that shot and it was kind of a dark day, it was a bit under exposed, once it started flying i did not have time to change any settings.

Ya we cant control those crappy weather days and if they would only sit around longer so we can make adjustments. Plus if it was that controlled we'd be wedding photographers.

Ya we cant control those crappy weather days and if they would only sit around longer so we can make adjustments. Plus if it was like that we'd be wedding photographers.

when its getting close to or during winter we usually only have dark dreary days with a grey sky, i seem to have a hard time with that kind of lightning, i may have a great exposure on something and than i pan the camera to the left or right only bit and shoot something and the exposure is often off.. it would be nice if birds would hang around longer in one spot.

on some days the lighting has been so bad i can see a bird in a tree with my eyes but the lighting is so bad i cant even tell what kind of bird it is it just looks like a black outline of a bird lol.. so if i cant see it well with my eyes i don't expect the camera to do that well either. i cant wait for spring and soem sunny days to come back around

some days i had no idea what i even shot till i came home, had the photo on the computer and boosted the exposure up on the photo lol

Nice set! Is that all in a day's work? If so I do envy you.
The last one you sure that's a King?

thanks,

the bison is a old photo i found that i took in 2009 when i was in Memphis Tennessee, the hawk and the owl i think were from the same day at Firestone metro park. that is a male belted king fisher taken at the beaver marsh on a different day.... the belted king fishers are the only ones we have around there that i know of.

Nice! Those are the reddest bison I've ever seen. What time of year?

thanks everyone,

the bison pic was from june of 09. that was back when i was getting into photography and i used to play with processing allot so its hard to say if those colors are true to life..

Most reactions

Back