Bison: tough way to make a living.

Peeb

Semi-automatic Mediocrity Generator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nature Conservancy Tallgrass Prairie Preserve (NE Oklahoma) this morning. Walking North into blowing snow to get to the pond.

Bison: tough way to make a living
by Peeb OK, on Flickr

EDIT: Mrs. Peeb suggested that the crop was too tight. I warmed the color and cropped initially. Perhaps best closer to SOOC:

Buffalo in the snow
by Peeb OK, on Flickr

Last edited:
Now that is just stunning I think, you caught the Bison beautifully trudging it`s way through the falling snow.

"Back when I was a young calf son, it was uphill BOTH ways to the watering hole, and the snow was past our horns!"

Great image - have you tried this in high-contrast black & white?

Very cool image

Great shot Peeb! I too would be curious to see how this looks in black and white. :)

Here it is, uncropped, in BW, extra contrast, and dehazed
MJK_2201_dxo-3s.jpg

That b&w is a cracker of an image now Peeb.

Nice capture @Peeb. I don't often do this but that was such a good image, that I thought I'd try a B&W conversion in PS. Used a B&W layer with luminosity as the blend mode and then did a gradient layer for the b&w conversion that I typically do but made it a little darker than I would have normally done.

45797503562_29e6c2d84e_o.jpg

Attachments

• 45797503562_29e6c2d84e_o.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 283
Nice capture @Peeb. I don't often do this but that was such a good image, that I thought I'd try a B&W conversion in PS. Used a B&W layer with luminosity as the blend mode and then did a gradient layer for the b&w conversion that I typically do but made it a little darker than I would have normally done.

45797503562_29e6c2d84e_o.jpg
That's really beautiful, Ron!

They are all great. My favourite is original uncropped. Is this near where you live? If so, lucky you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

They are all great. My favourite is original uncropped. Is this near where you live? If so, lucky you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Yes, it is nearby, and a treasure!

Most reactions

Back