bit the bullet. bought a Nikon 85mm f/1.8G AF-S

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Mr. Jump around here. Ordered 24-85G and the after doing a little more homework, I canceled it. Turns out I like the specs on the Nikon 85mm f/1.8G AF-s.

I'm ordering a 50mm1.8 with my rebate coupon from buy.com Wednesday. Hope to get a 24 0r 28 mm for Christmas. I think I will have a better ability with fixed primes. Just wanted to share. BTW the 85 got a 40 score and the 24-85 got a 22 . DxOMark Score.

Later Ed

...good for you,ed....seems like your setting yourself up finally start enjoying the new toys. :hail:

You will love this lens for its amazing sharpness! It's an exceptionally good lens. It's the top lens out of 72 lenses tested on the D600 by DxO Mark. The goodness is amazing--center, edges, extreme edges, all excellent. It approaches 4,000 line widths per picture height. I shot this image last Monday in the evening, facing bright ocean sun rays glancing in fairly directly at the lens front...a very tough scenario. This was made with the 85mm 1.8 G at f/2.2 at 1/8000 second at ISO 140 in AUTO ISO mode--and is only 1/3 of the entire image...this was cropped from a "tall", shot from 8.91 meters distance, according to the EXIF.

150766989.jpg

This image loses a lot when seen small on the web. Trust me--when seen large, this image has razor sharpness.

Yes, excellent bang for the buck. I use my 85mm quite often. Hope you enjoy as much, as well.

Congrats! I too, ordered one but it's still on back order from the March Nikon lens sale... I saved a hundred bucks but I STILL don't have the dammmm
lens... AAAARRRGGHH!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back