What's new

Bitter Jeweler

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i-wjfHvzb-X2.jpg
 
Those people on the edges of the shot make it feel uncomfortable for me. Here, I did a quick crop. Fun shot either way!!
8c53701f-f2f0-4e0c-a572-b8f08e50a01e_zps597f2719.jpg
 
I like the crop. I might not go quite as far, but getting rid of the people on the ends really helps.
Thanks for the suggestion
 
=) Sorry, I didn't feel like doing any cloning out of the people...lol You're right, you could let my crop out a bit. Great find!
 
I like it better un-cropped...the people going out of the frame are da bomb!
 
I like it better without the crop too. The row of white window frames in the upper third help give the image proportion.

The people just about to leave the frame add to the 'street' sense of the image, plus make it feel more expansive and grounded.

The sign/light colored bricks on the left, and the adjoining white second story on the right frame-in-frame the 2 abandoned stores.

Those 2 people at the edges also anchor the frame-in-frame aspect.
 
Thanks for the comments folks! I went back to try a few crops and decided the original was best as well. I think that Mishele's crop works, but it is a different picture.

Steve
 
Wow that pic is messing with my head... it feels tilted, but I don't think it is.
 
Bahhh...what do you people know...lol
I agree, two completely different pictures. It's your vision not mine. :sexywink: It was a nice find either way.
 
Wow that pic is messing with my head... it feels tilted, but I don't think it is.

He he ...

There's some major perspective and lens correction going on. This was a tough one.
Plus I'm not sure the buildings are straight in the first place ...
 
It's Boston... nothing's straight.
 
Yeah, I like the original too, but the perspective still needs work.

Another alternate version that I would like is a crop to the storefront behind the two people near the center, up to the top of the billboard (?) just above the metal grates (with the bottom uncropped).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom