Black and white film

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am new to film and i have a question about temperature. I bought a few rolls of black and white film for my photography class and i lost a roll and found it in my car. Its been very hot the past couple of days, especally in my car. Would that have affected the film in anyway?

It sure could have. I've had heat make color film turn really grainy. I assume B&W would do the same.

well i like grain so i guess that is not bad =)

oh i will! =) i just wanted to know what to expect.

It'll be perfectly fine. I've left bw film in my car for weeks during the summer to no ill effects. Worry about temperature when it comes to the temp of your developer. Short term exposure to heat is not going to ruin your shots. Whatever changes do occur, if any, will be negligibly small to your eyes.

I went on vacation to Hilton Head SC and had my film in a black camera bag, packed in the car on top of all my luggage right in direct sunlight, at times the outside temp was over 100 in the car it that bad im sure it was higher. I then drug that same camera bag with that same film around with me in heat, humidity, and pouring rain. The only film that was possibly affect was the film inside my 3-4 year old expired disposable cameras, one of which was in my pocket for a 1 hour horseback ride in a torrential downpour. And even then it doesnt look much different than any other expired disposables Ive shot.

Film seems to be pretty resilient, as alpha says heat during developing is a much much larger issue.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back