Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park

Lars Leber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larsleber.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I drove from Delta to Colorado Springs on Tuesday and stopped by the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park for a few minutes. I took some photos of it last year but was highly disappointed with the outcome as it is very difficult to take good shots of this deep and dark canyon. This is the only image I edited from this time so far. It is a composition of six different exposures but does not look too much like an HDR image...

20070321100738_img_2180_800.jpg

Great texture, and you're right, it doesn't look like an HDR at all. It looks like all of that could have been seen with a single, perfect exposure.

man. Ive gotta go there. How far is it from the springs time-wise? I like the shadows in the canyon. :thumbup:

Oh ... HDR you say?
It doesn't seem to be one!
Looks like one photo ... well done, very much detail ... and now I get the feeling as if I am falling .... aaahhh ... falling ..... aaah. (Did you not get vertigo when you went out to take your pics?)

Thank you. I took this photo from a fenced viewpoint and just tilted my tripod a lot to get that angle. It is a really neat area and the noise of the river, even though it is far away, sounds great too.

It took me about 4.5 hours to drive from the South Rim entrance of the park to Falcon, CO.

Most reactions

Back