TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
genutsu.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey there,

How's everyone doing?

Listen, I plan on buying a Canon 7D sometime before December 31. Do the prices for this model go down around Black Friday or around Christmas? Could you give me some pointers about when to buy the camera? I'm in no rush, I still gotta find the money for the lens I plan to buy.

The latest price for the 7D is $1160.

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't expect any huge sales on DSLR's between now and christmas. Black friday is a slight possibility on this one. They're due to release it's upgrade any time now. I'd expect the black friday sales to be on the entry level DSLR's.
Buy somewhere that guarantees the price for 30 days after you purchase.

Pick up a movers packet at the post office. There's usually a 10% off coupon for Best Buy in there that includes DSLR's.

oh the price on best buy is a lot bigger than the one i mentioned on ebay, plus, I'm having it shipped to Germany or Belgium or Romania and then it will be shipped to the final destination my home :)

I wouldn't expect any huge sales on DSLR's between now and christmas. Black friday is a slight possibility on this one. They're due to release it's upgrade any time now. I'd expect the black friday sales to be on the entry level DSLR's.

Well, in your opinion, how much lower than $1160 can it go?

And yeah, they're releasing Canon 6D so I'd expect the prices to go a bit lower than that.

And yeah, they're releasing Canon 6D so I'd expect the prices to go a bit lower than that.
The 6D has nothing to do with the 7D and won't have any effect on the 7D's pricing. I honestly don't think it'll go lower again any time soon. They'll release the 7d2 somewhere around $1700 and this one will still remain where it's at. It can't drop much lower, it'd then be under cutting sales of the 60D and into the T4i. Just buy it.

The 6D has nothing to do with the 7D and won't have any effect on the 7D's pricing. I honestly don't think it'll go lower again any time soon. They'll release the 7d2 somewhere around $1700 and this one will still remain where it's at. It can't drop much lower, it'd then be under cutting sales of the 60D and into the T4i. Just buy it.

Thanks, you're awesome :)

Most reactions

Back