Black Olive

SnappingShark

Always learning.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was cleaning my yard this weekend, raking the fall leaves (finally), as we are having a random bout of insanely nice February weather here in Oregon.

Anyhoo - my dog was just standing at the top of the deck stairs looking at me, so I decided to shoot!

I didn't like the way the sunshine made her look like a chocolate/black lab mix, so I went B&W to show just the black!

It's often odd to me to see how hair that looks "black" to the human eye often looks rather brownish when photographed in full sunlight! I took photos of a high school senior this August, and her hair was, I would say, almost black...but in the photos, her hair looked like a deep, dark chocolate brown!

It's a strange phenomena!

I have a red beard, and in the sun it looks ridiculously orange!

Nice Doggie. From my understanding in people there is no natural black hair but just dark dark brown other then die.It looks black to the human eye so maybe its the same in dogs. I have some downy woodpecker bird shots that always look black and white to my eye but after processing the raw file if the bird is sunlight the blacks actually look dark brownish in some of the photos.

I like the captured expression, beautiful dog.

Most reactions

Back