My kiddos

dLSK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wife and I have been together 23 years, and we've always had animals, no actual children. We always owned cats, and when we came home ( back to east coast ) from Calgary in 2008, we brought our cats, but I couldn't bring the fish - had 4 tanks going. We always wanted a dog, never panned out for us.

Home for almost 2 years and we get to rescue a 5 month old Husky / Rottie / Lab mix. His name is Dexter. He's the gentlest, kindest, soul I've ever met. He, alone, has brought such a light to our lives, we could never repay for everything he's given us. He'll be 7 in April.

IN2_6223.jpg

I went back to Calgary for a bit 2012-2013 and the wife got Dexter a sister, Lumen. She's border collie / shepard and she's my baby girl lol. She can do no wrong. Dexter should be the Alpha in the house, but he's so laid back and non confrontational, it's actually Lumen who keeps everyone in line lol. Her 6th birthday is March.
IN2_9330.jpg

Almost 1 1/2 years later, we got a chance to get our third, Sirko. He's black lab / Staffordshire, 115 pounds of pure baby. He has severe anxiety, however. Actually has 8/10 markers for autism in dogs - I didn't even know that existed until we started looking at his behaviour in a different light. He's a mommy suck, big time. Gets upset easy, will come and tell you what's wrong / show you what's upset him. He is though, probably the most attentive dog I've ever been around. He just turned 5 in September.
IN2_1512.jpg

And finally, Kahleesi. She came to us from a friend who knew of a 6 months old pup that was living a horrible, horrible life. We don't know if she was beat, they had her for a week and you could see her ribs clear as day. So, we brought her over, let her check the house out and then let our guys inside. She let out a little yip, went right to Lumen started licking / crying like crazy. My heart lol. So.. K-bomb is our 4th. She's a Rottie / Shepard Mix we are told. Acts like a Doberman, runs like a greyhound. She's sweet as they come, and she just turned 2 in December.
IN2_6289.jpg

Still have 1/2 our cats from Calgary ( straight age has taken the other half ), 2 budgies and 4 fish tanks :)

sorry for the novel, thanks for looking :)

Great story!

Very beautiful dogs. Thanks for giving them a good home!

Beautiful family of pups! Loved the stories especially how Kahleesi attached right away to Lumen. Which one is the alpha of the pack?

Sweet story! Where would we be without our pets? They all look healthy and happy. :icon_thumleft:

Most reactions

Back