Black Rapid Yeti Dual Camera Strap - First Impressions

robbins.photo

Yup, It's The Zoo Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just purchased a black rapid Yeti dual camera strap, and I have to say my initial impressions are very positive. Originally I used a black rapid RS-5 Cargo, and while I did find it to be a very comfortable and very usable strap when I started carrying the second camera regularly I really wanted a strap that could handle two cameras.

As it is I really wish I had bought the Yeti even before I'd gotten the second camera, the shoulder pad is very well designed and doesn't slip around like the RS-5 has a tendency to do on occasion. The strap for the second camera has quick connectors on it so you can go from a single strap to dual strap and back again very quickly and easily.

The one "downside" I found was that unlike the RS-5 cargo there was no additional storage built into the strap, but that was easily remedied by purchasing the bryce large pocket add on.

So far I'm suitably impressed, it's well built, comfortable and very usable with either a single camera or two, the large well engineered shoulder pad does a very respectable job of weight distribution even when I have the 70-200 mm mounted on one camera (It's a big, heavy lens), and it stays in place extremely well.

So all in all at least thus far I'd have to give this two thumbs up - very worthy addition to my equipment list.

I might look into that set. Do you think it would work well with a heavy set up one side and a light the other?

I might look into that set. Do you think it would work well with a heavy set up one side and a light the other?

Well spent some time today with a Sigma 70-200 mm F/2.8 attached to the primary - so roughly about 4 lbs on the one side, on the other was the other D5200 with a 50 mm 1.8 afs-G, so barely noticeable in the weight category. Worked like a charm. Later on I removed the secondary strap and just used it as a single for a while, that worked extremely well too, actually more comfortable than the RS-5 cargo thanks the to the shoulder pad redesign. Thing rides very well I thought.

Thanks. If I buy I would use it primarily for Nikon d7100, but when I need 2 cameras it would be the Nikon and an oly m4/3rds opposite. This sounds ideal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back