Black&White Challenge: Double Exposure

gk fotografie

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Welcome!

There have always been subjects that do much better in black and white than in color. Images in black and white are often simpler in design and more focused on the essence, without too much distraction. The interaction between lines and surfaces or contrasts between light and dark can be beautiful and appeal to the viewer much more than with color work. This challenge is all about learning to "see, think and design" in black and white and not just converting color photos...

This theme invites you to be creative. The concept of double exposure can be interpreted broadly, that is to say realized in camera, but also by combining images in photo editing or by merging film negatives when printing on paper etc. Think outside the box, for example, combine a positive with a negative image or an ICM with a tack sharp image. What to think of a combination of images made with a telephoto lens and a wide-angle lens. The possibilities are endless, if you prefer to use the term 'multi exposure' instead of double exposure if you want to combine 3, 4, 5 or even more images, please do, as long as it's in B&W...let's have some fun!

The Black&White Challenge is a fun thing, no competition, no prizes, but hopefully a lot of learning, experimenting and also experiencing how others approach a theme. Every digital photographer and film photographer can participate with as many photos as desired during each challenge. Please, new photos only for this challenge! With every challenge it's stated what the first, subsequent theme will be, so, ultimately digital and film photographers can work on themes a few weeks in advance, if they wish.

Last edited:
#notanad

#notanad
by Wade, on Flickr

This is a very interesting photo, nicely done!
I guess this theme is probably more difficult than one would think.
From next weekend I'll try to produce something usable for the B&W challenge.

Wade, nice.
What's the meaning of #notanad?
Thank you! It was more of an obscure joke.. On Instagram, influencers are hiding the hashtag "#ad" in their posts whenever they're being paid to advertise a product without explicitly stating that its an ad. My guess is so that their followers think they're being given a recommendation rather than an ad. Pretty shady, if you ask me, but no one asked me. :p

This is a very interesting photo, nicely done!
I guess this theme is probably more difficult than one would think.
From next weekend I'll try to produce something usable for the B&W challenge.
Thank you! I actually had the idea while at the drive-through window... Haha

Hey don't try to fool us, you're going to get some free Whoppers out of this aren't ya? lol

Cool photo.

Wade, nice.
What's the meaning of #notanad?
Thank you! It was more of an obscure joke.. On Instagram, influencers are hiding the hashtag "#ad" in their posts whenever they're being paid to advertise a product without explicitly stating that its an ad. My guess is so that their followers think they're being given a recommendation rather than an ad. Pretty shady, if you ask me, but no one asked me. :p
Thank you.
#notaninfluencer should be my hashtag...

double exposure 6989

This theme reminded me that the Hipstamatic app on my phone has a switch for double exposure. Like on a film camera, one can't see what one is doing using this app. It's all dead reckoning, and no ability to change any exposure settings.

Not sure if I'm being too literal with this pic but it's my first attempt at a double exposure image

Attachments

• Man and nature.jpg
    Man and nature.jpg
    897 KB · Views: 266
Not sure if I'm being too literal with this pic but it's my first attempt at a double exposure image
Took me a bit to find where the image showed the double exposure, but when I did, I thought it pretty cool.

Big Brother is watching you...

I figured out how to do this with my X-T1 and the Helios lens. Its mode dial has a setting for double exposure.
It even lets you accept or start over each exposure.
The bags under my eyes are so big, airlines charge me extra...

Most reactions

Back