Black&White Challenge: Double Exposure

DEChevy (1).jpg

DEChevy (2).jpg

Welcome!
The theme for the next challenge is 'ROUND' and please, don't start uploading images for this challenge yet, but wait until a new thread is opened for this theme on February, 16.
gk, is it alright to start shooting for the next challenge, or do we need to wait until 16 February?

So you can work ahead without any problem, but beware .... you may only upload these photos for the next theme when a new thread has been created, so, in this specific case, you could have already worked on the ROUND theme from February, 2nd and upload the results in the (new) thread from February, 16 onwards.

Gerard
Dank je gk. This answers my question. I knew from your initial post and the other parts of your quote that we could only post from when the new thread is created.
The weekly challenge threads that Sharon posts dictate that we shoot photos for that weekly theme after the challenge has been posted.

So you can work ahead without any problem, but beware .... you may only upload these photos for the next theme when a new thread has been created, so, in this specific case, you could have already worked on the ROUND theme from February, 2nd and upload the results in the (new) thread from February, 16 onwards.

Gerard
Dank je gk. This answers my question. I knew from your initial post and the other parts of your quote that we could only post from when the new thread is created.
The weekly challenge threads that Sharon posts dictate that we shoot photos for that weekly theme after the challenge has been posted.

But, the B&W Challenge is not the Weekly Challenge ;) Of course, for both challenges the intention is that everyone starts taking photos and not just upload older photos, because in that case you are really just fooling yourself. Because black & white fits optimally with film photography, I thought it would be nice to offer this group of photographers at TPF something special too, with a B&W Challenge for digital AND film photographers. Because taking photos, developing and scanning a roll of film (even if it is only 12 exp.) in a few days is quite a bit of work some extra time to work on a theme is nice. Again, this challenge is about the idea that everyone gets out of their lazy chair and starts taking pictures. If you decide to only take photos in the 2 weeks in which a theme at the B&W Challenge runs, then you are completely free to do so, but you've indeed 2 weeks extra time and maybe that will come in handy with some future themes!

Let's first see in 2020 whether the enthusiasm for the B&W Challenge is sufficient and whether there is any right to exist. Early next year find out whether enough film photographers - besides digital photographers - are participating at all. If this isn't so, perhaps follow the principle of the weekly Challenge.

Gerard

Last edited:
The time frame is over but I had this one waiting for Flickr's Bench Monday to come around.
I hope it's alright to continue posting to this thread.
Some of my favorite threads are those that had started many years ago and span many pages now.

Moorish garden double exposure

I started SLR photography with a 58mm f/2 Russian-made Helios copy, the "Auto Cosmogon", back in 1977 when I was in junior high!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back