What's new

black & white or color?

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
5,699
Reaction score
1,472
Location
Philadelphia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
woodmetal120712bw.jpg






woodmetal120712.jpg
 
Black and White. That sickly green color just is not appealing to the eye in my opinion. Good framing and composure though :)
It makes me wonder what is in the hole in the wall. I like it!!
Thank you for sharing!! :)
 
Black and white for sure but I would work with the top half and try to bring a greater range of shades of gray into it.
 
B&W, it balances the dark and light better, in the colour version the center light strip of metal overpowers the image.
 
Thanks for the comments and "votes." I'm completely on the fence about this myself, which is why I tossed it out for opinions. It's a close-up of one of those inclined basement entrance doors, obviously a pretty distressed one. I agree about the tones in the upper part of the b&w. I guess I could try lightening the green areas in the conversion instead of darkening them. Having a darker strip in the middle of that area seemed like a good idea, but it's not really dark enough. Well, gotta go, lots of work to do ...
 
I would also agree with the B&W as the winner here.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom