Black Widow Spiders

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were shot in my backyard. :stun:. Comments appreciated.

BlackWidow1.png

2. (I know it's a little blurry, but I actually think it makes it more spooky)
BlackWidow2.png

Thanks for viewing.

Gaaaaaaaah!

Quite the wild web there. And nice capture of the distinctive red hourglass shape on the black widow. (*shiver*)

What a beautiful species! I used to have one...and several in the back yard that I would monitor.

Nice shots.
... And terribly frightening. :stun:

Whooo! I am glad we only get the ordinary garden spiders here! Black widow... whoa. Tough. Nice photos, though, particularly the first. Net-wise, this spider's a bit of a messy, eh?

good shots, the black widow looks very similar to the redback from Oz, not deadly but painful...now the funnel web, that's a scary spider with fangs that can pierce a fingernail.

Gaaaaaaaah!

Quite the wild web there. And nice capture of the distinctive red hourglass shape on the black widow. (*shiver*)
Thank you, I think it's against the law to take a picture of a black widow without displaying it's underbelly!

What a beautiful species! I used to have one...and several in the back yard that I would monitor.
Beautiful? LOL that's not the thought going through my mind when I'm walking through my back yard barefoot at night! But, these spiders really aren't very aggressive unless provoked. They are alright. Thanks for the comment.

Nice shots.
... And terribly frightening. :stun:
First off, thanks for the bumpage of this thread!:hail: I don't always like bumping a thread, because I feel that if people like my photos they will reply to it. Thanks for you reply, it's much appreciated.

Whooo! I am glad we only get the ordinary garden spiders here! Black widow... whoa. Tough. Nice photos, though, particularly the first. Net-wise, this spider's a bit of a messy, eh?
Thanks LaFoto. It's always nice getting a reply from you! Yes, they have very unique webs, which are always made low to the ground. My dad says that he can tell if any spider web belongs to a black widow or not.
Also, I think my wrestling coach got bit by a Black Widow. Because he woke up one morning with a HUGE spider bite on his arm. He went to the ER and they immediately cut his arm open to cut all the bad stuff out. (then he showed us the hole in his arm! Uck.)

good shots, the black widow looks very similar to the redback from Oz, not deadly but painful...now the funnel web, that's a scary spider with fangs that can pierce a fingernail.
Yeah, funnel webs are even NASTIER than black widows. I once saw this thing on the internet about a time somebody put a black widow in a jar with a funnel web, and only put one insect for food. Soon the widow was found shribbled up dead on the ground. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back