weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Two bird shots from my recent holiday, A thrush (I think) who was very curious and got very close whiole looking for birds and a goldfinch who seemed to be eating dandilion seeds from the grass in front of the cottage. The goldfinch was a little too far away to get a really good shot of, but I was happy to see one anyway.

Blackbird on Slate by wee_pete, on Flickr

Goldfinch on the grass by wee_pete, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yer Thrush is a female Blackbird Pete. They are however, members of the Thrush family. Two well detailed shots (if a little central for my liking😉).

Yer Thrush is a female Blackbird Pete. They are however, members of the Thrush family. Two well detailed shots (if a little central for my liking😉).
Thanks mate, I wasn't sure about that ID as it was kicking around with one that did look very thrush like (the other had a spotted breast) so I kinda assumed they were a pair. Good to know though. I was well chuffed with the detail in that shot, it was very close indeed, probably around 8ft away but it didn't stay close for long.

I've edited the post to correct the bird ID!

Last edited:
Both are beautiful great shots!

Both are beautiful great shots!
Thanks Susan, the goldfinch was a bit of a pain to edit as the grass was really quite bright. I burned it down and did a little HSL adjustment to tone it down, but it took a bit of tweeking.
Nice set.
Thanks Kirk, the blackbird shot at full res has a lot of feather detail, which I'm delighted with.

Most reactions

Back