Blackwater

:thumbup:

Dig the Bobby Darin avatar as well.

:thumbup: and thanks- Bobby Darin is probably the last in my little 'Crooners, Teen Idols & Dreamboats' series of avatars this week. My thanks to Tennesee Ernie Ford, Perry Como, Dean Martin, Frankie Avalon, Troy Donahue, and of course, Bobby Darin.

Wow, I like this one a lot. :thumbup:

Where was it? (Just curious...)

This was at taken at El Mirage Dry Lake, California, right after normally dry basin filled with water from a storm. The water was dark brown and muddy from sediments flushed from the desert plains and washes by the flash flood resulting from the hard rain. The water in the lake is very shallow, maybe 4-6 inches at the most. Shallow, murky water like this tends to ripple in large areas during high winds. I believe this is due to the change in viscosity, or something or other.

Love the contrast within each ripple of water... but.. I can't get that Doobie Brothers song out of my head.. "oh blackwater, keep on rolling..."

My apologies for inflicting the same fate for anyone that knows the song.

Thanks, and no need for an apology here, the song is one of my favorites. :)

I love this shot! I hope to take shots this amazing one day :D

wow Tennesee Ernie Ford, now I've got the song Shotgun Boogie in my head lol.

Wow, quite a turn around from Sixteen Tons in my head. :) Shotgun Boogie was a crack up. One of my friend's little brother somehow got hold of a copy of that as his first 45. The kid thought he was so cool. We were a bit more into Joplin and Hendrix.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back