What's new

Blakes

Kazooie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 28, 2011
Messages
1,231
Reaction score
138
Location
Alaska
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_1963.jpg


Abstract's, I like it. Thoughts? :)
 
Last edited:
I don't think that fits the bill for "abstract". Now if your interpretation is that of conceptual or figurative meaning....then maybe, but I'd probly need an explanation of the meaning to see it. However, as seen as is...I would say not abstract in its undefined, even by title, state.

In your picture I see a storefront cut out of "blakes diamonds", presumably a jeweler, where the deep blue stands out on the paint job to attract customers.

Edit *afterthought*

one other issue with photography vs. art as in paintings is that when you have an abstract meaning be it by the concept or idea you have, it can be missed entirely and usually needs a clue. This excerpt was taken from a similar debate on a photo I was reading about yesterday. I have been trying this week to learn and take abstract pics, so i'ts kinda fresh on my mind. He kinda hints to the title being a tool to help us get it without explanation, if the idea or concept is the abstract nature.

"The difficulty in abstract art is that "form" or "idea" can be or is rather individualized. To really hit the "home-run" in this area one must pick the "form" or "idea" which the marjority of people can relate to or understand. Easier said than done. The "clue" is the title of the photo, print or painting, otherwise, as Dave states the image is just "representational" or "figurative". It is similar to humor. I don't think "props" will work - the better approach is to look at life through a filter - decided what the filter is and that is your photo"
 
Last edited:
Hmmm, I see what you mean. I'll give it a new title.

I was going for a corralation between the diamond and the stone, but I guess it was lost. :(
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom